Application of Magnetic Flow Meters : Magnetic Flow meter measures the volumetric rate of flow any liquid that has adequate electrical conductivity. Most petroleum hydrocarbons have insufficient conductivity to be measured with a magnetic flow meter. It is rarely used in Petroleum Industry.
Magnetic Flow meters are widely used on slurries
Advantages of Magnetic Flow Meter :
1.They respond only to the velocity of Fluid .Independent Density Viscosity and Static Pressure
2.High Rangebility 10:1
3.Bidirectional Flow Measurement
4.Fluid Temperature range -40 Deg C to +260 Deg C
5.Pressure Drop is negligible
6.Wide Variety of Size
Disadvantages of Magnetic Flow Measurement:
1.Conductivity of the process fluid should be greater the 2 micromhos per centimeter
2.Special care is required for erosive application
3.Difficulties in on site calibration
5.Large Sizes are very heavy
Installation Consideration :
Magnetic Flow Meter consist of two parts
Primary elements installed directly in the processline
Secondary elements is an electronic transmitter
Magnetic flow meter tube may be installed in any position but it must run full of liquid for accurate measurement
- What Is Flowmeter
- Basic Information Of Flowmeter
- The Development History Of Flowmeter
- The Development Trend Of Flowmeter
- Flowmeter Used In Health Field
- Application Of Electromagnetic Flow...
- Accelerating Development Of Industr...
- Turbine Flowmeter Still Occupies Th...
- Classification Of Flowmeter
- The Advantages Of Liquid Level Tran...
- What Are The Advantages Of Flow Mea...
- What Are The Types Of Ultrasonic Fl...
- What Is Reinforced Cement Concrete
- Working Principle Of Ultrasonic Lev...