For application of flow measurement such as urban water supply diversion canals, industrial water diversion and drainage channels, and sewage treatment channels, the following factors should be considered to select appropriate measurement methods.
1) size and shape of waterway, flow range, maximum flow and minimum flow;
2) Measurement accuracy requirements;
3) The flowmeter installation and environmental conditions;
4) liquid state, cleanliness, solid phase concentration, corrosive;
5) Allowable error (or elevated water level) and channel slope on site;
6) Instrument parts and materials in contact with liquids;